You are here
Terms & Conditions
By accessing this website, and any of its pages, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") set out below. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, immediately exit from this website and do not access any other pages.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions and Changes
- By accessing this website, and any of its pages, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") set out below. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, immediately exit from this website and do not access any other pages.
- Changes may be made at any time to this website, these Terms and Conditions, and the information contained herein, without prior notice to you. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions each time you enter this Web Site. Your continued use of this website shall constitute your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any changes thereto.
- References to Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network ("PCN") in these Terms and Conditions shall include its directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives.
- Mississauga Halton PCN is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals using our website. Mississauga Halton PCN only obtains personal information such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address if you choose to supply it through our website or by contacting us via e-mail. The content of your message and your email address will not be disclosed to anyone except Mississauga Halton PCN staff, associates or partners who need the information in order to respond to your request. We do not use this information to create personal profiles. We do not distribute, provide or sell personal information voluntarily supplied by our website visitors to any third party.
- Unless otherwise stated at the time of collection, Mississauga Halton PCN will not sell or transfer your personal information to any other party without your approval, except that Mississauga Halton PCN reserves the right to disclose such personal information if such disclosure is made pursuant to a legal proceeding or otherwise required by law.
- Mississauga Halton PCN will not monitor, edit or deliberately disclose the contents of your private communications or files unless required to do so by law. Information collected by Mississauga Halton PCN is stored in a secure manner. However, you acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond the control of Mississauga Halton PCN and that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and Mississauga Halton PCN through this website cannot be guaranteed.
- At your request, Mississauga Halton PCN will provide reasonable access to your personal information submitted via this website and held by Mississauga Halton PCN and will allow you to update and/or correct your personal information to the extent that such updating and/or correction will not compromise Mississauga Halton PCN's privacy or security interests, subject to the understanding that, due to backups, it may be impossible to completely delete your personal information.
Site Usage and Security
- To monitor site usage and improve the quality of our website, Mississauga Halton PCN gathers information about the use of our site. We use Web server logs and industry-standard website statistics software to count the number of users who visit our website and to count the number of views of particular pages, as well as to track other general statistics about our Web site. The IP address of site visitors is also collected for the purpose of analyzing and generating statistics about site usage. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) requesting a URL. Mississauga Halton PCN cannot identify you from this information and this information is not disclosed to any third party.
- Mississauga Halton PCN employs safeguards to secure the information contained on and collected through this website, including your personal information. Mississauga Halton PCN secures the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Personal information is transmitted only through the use of encrypted protection.
- Personal Information submitted through Mississauga Halton PCN’s website will utilize secure encryption technology to help protect it and facilitate its arrival unread and unaltered at Mississauga Halton PCN's servers. However, users should be aware that Personal Information could be intercepted over the Internet. Mississauga Halton PCN is not responsible for the interception, collection, use or alteration of information transmitted over the Internet, such as by e-mail.
- For site security purposes, Mississauga Halton PCN uses software programs and analytic tools to monitor network traffic that identifies unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Use of Website
- This website and the materials contained herein may be used for lawful purposes only. Materials from this website may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, decompiled, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of Mississauga Halton PCN except that you may download one copy of the materials on one computer for your personal, non-commercial home or archival use only and provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trade-mark, or other proprietary notices contained therein.
- All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics and other information (other than your personal information) communicated to Mississauga Halton PCN through this website will forever be the property of Mississauga Halton PCN unless otherwise noted.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit to this website, and you, not Mississauga Halton PCN, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or other material that would violate any law.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, all Canadian and United States national, provincial, state and local laws and regulations) governing the use of this website.
- Evidence of the possible use of this Web site for illegal purposes will be provided to law enforcement authorities.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- WHILE CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE PREPARATION OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, SUCH INFORMATION IS OBTAINED FROM A NUMBER OF SOURCES AND IS PROVIDED WITHOUT CHARGE. ANY SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AS TO: QUALITY; ACCURACY; COMPLETENESS; LEGALITY; CURRENCY; RELIABILITY; EFFICACY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE OR THOSE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED; ERROR-FREE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THOSE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED; AND, THE ABSENCE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR CORRUPTED DATA OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR THOSE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED.
- MISSISSAUGA HALTON PCN AND ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHYSICIANS AND PHARMACISTS WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, AND IN PARTICULAR THE DRUG FORMULARY PORTION OF THIS WEBSITE) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, CONTINGENT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL, RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITES THAT ARE LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE USE THEREOF, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY, FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN ANY SUCH REGARD. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE OR DETAILED STATEMENT CONCERNING THE MATTERS ADDRESSED. MHPCN DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE THE USE OF ANY DRUG OR TREATMENT METHOD DESCRIBED IN THIS WEBSITE. ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITES TO WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED, SHOULD BE USED ONLY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF AN APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED PHYSICIAN.
- ANYONE USING THIS INFORMATION DOES SO AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK, AND BY USING SUCH INFORMATION AGREES TO INDEMNIFY MHPCN AND ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, INJURY, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES) ARISING FROM SUCH PERSON'S USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, AND ANY INFORMATION ON WEBSITES LINKED FROM THIS WEBSITE.
- MISSISSAUGA HALTON PCN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE FAILURE. MHPCN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF MHPCN OR AN AUTHORIZED CCO REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Copyright and Trademarks
- The material contained on this website is protected by Canadian and other national and international copyright, trademark and other laws.
- Mississauga Halton PCN retains all copyright, trademark and all other rights in all material contained on this site, including all text and graphic images. No portion of this material may be used or reproduced, other than for personal use, or distributed, transmitted or "mirrored" in any form, or by any means, without the prior written permission of Mississauga Halton PCN.
- Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this website, and those websites to which it is linked, may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks ("Trademarks") of Mississauga Halton PCN or of third parties that are used under license. The display of Trademarks on this website, and those to which it is linked, does not imply the grant of any license to any other party.
- Other than as expressly permitted herein or by written agreement of Mississauga Halton PCN, your use of any of the Trademarks that appear on this website is prohibited. You are advised that Mississauga Halton PCN will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, which may result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
Linked Web Sites
- This website includes links to other websites which are not maintained by Mississauga Halton PCN. Should you leave this website via a link contained herein and view content that is not provided by Mississauga Halton PCN, you do so at your own risk. Links to other websites are for convenience only and should not be construed as an endorsement or approval of such websites by Mississauga Halton PCN. Mississauga Halton PCN shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website.
- Mississauga Halton PCN may terminate a link at any time.
Linking and Logo Policy
- By linking to any page on this website, you hereby agree to be bound by Mississauga Halton PCN's linking and logo policy as set out in these Terms and Conditions:
- Except as provided below:
- Mississauga Halton PCN prohibits caching, use or posting of unauthorized hypertext links to this website and the framing of any content available through this website.
- You are prohibited from linking to any page on this website other than the MHPCN home page or a page designated and approved by Mississauga Halton PCN as communicated to you by Mississauga Halton PCN in writing.
- You are prohibited from embedding any content from this website into your website and any link to this website must open a new browser window.
- Links to this website may be by text only and may only read "Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network" or "Mississauga Halton PCN". Images of the Mississauga Halton PCN logo for linking purposes may only be made with the express permission of Mississauga Halton PCN. Any requests for such permission or for permission to link to this website in a manner other than as permitted in these Terms and Conditions should be addressed to:
Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network
c/o Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre
2655 North Sheridan Way, Suite 140
Mississauga, Ontario L5K 2P8
Tel: 1-877-336-9090 x2725
- By linking to this website, you acknowledge and agree that, other than as set forth herein, all rights to the Trademarks used on this website, the materials appearing on this website and the design of this website belong to Mississauga Halton PCN or its licensors.
- You must not misrepresent your relationship with Mississauga Halton PCN or present false or misleading impressions about Mississauga Halton PCN. No links to this website or a page of this website may be used in a manner that implies or suggests that Mississauga Halton PCN approves or endorses you, your website or your goods and services (except as Mississauga Halton PCN may have agreed separately with you in writing). You agree not to alter any materials found on this website.
- Mississauga Halton PCN shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Mississauga Halton PCN harmless against all claims arising out of or based upon your website.
- No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or otherwise unlawful, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
- Mississauga Halton PCN reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to this or any other Mississauga Halton PCN website or a page of this or any other Mississauga Halton PCN website from your website.
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, MHPCN agrees to grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the "Mississauga Halton PCN" or "Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network" name solely for the purpose of establishing any permitted link hereunder. Except for the limited license to use the "Mississauga Halton PCN" or "Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network" name as set forth in this paragraph, you may not use any of Mississauga Halton PCN's trademarks for any reason without the prior written permission of Mississauga Halton PCN. Mississauga Halton PCN may, at any time and in its sole discretion, without cause, terminate the license granted herein to use the "Mississauga Halton PCN" or "Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network" name and your right to link to any page on this and/or any other Mississauga Halton PCN website. Upon Mississauga Halton PCN's request, you shall immediately remove all links to the relevant page on this and/or any other MHPCN website and cease using the "Mississauga Halton PCN" or "Mississauga Halton Palliative Care Network" name for linking purposes. Thereafter, any future links to a page on this or any other Mississauga Halton PCN website will require the prior written permission of Mississauga Halton PCN.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, and you irrevocably attorn to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
- Except as described otherwise, all materials in this site are made available only to provide information about Mississauga Halton PCN and its services. Mississauga Halton PCN controls and operates this website from its offices in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Mississauga Halton PCN makes no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Anyone accessing this website from other jurisdictions assumes sole responsibility for compliance with local laws.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Mississauga Halton PCN and you pertaining to your use of this website.
- Mississauga Halton PCN may terminate your use of this website immediately with or without notice if, in its sole judgment, you breach any of these Terms and Conditions. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from this website and all related documentation and all copies thereof. You may not access this website after such termination without the written approval of Mississauga Halton PCN.
- Mississauga Halton PCN's failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision.
- These Terms and Conditions shall bind and enure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors, heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives and permitted assigns.
- You shall not assign your rights or obligations hereunder without Mississauga Halton PCN's prior written consent.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Rules for Engagement
- Mississauga Halton PCN actively monitors accounts from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mississauga Halton PCN will respond to questions posted via social media within 72 hours during its active business hours as outlined above. Where additional conversation is required, Mississauga Halton PCN will invite commenters to follow up via telephone or email.
Acceptable Content and Privacy Considerations
- Social media sites, tools or channels are or involve third-party service providers for Mississauga Halton PCN which are not affiliated with Mississauga Halton PCN. Users are encouraged to read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of each relevant social media site, tool or channel.
- Mississauga Halton PCN understands your desire to be informed and provide feedback to Mississauga Halton PCN. In order to protect your privacy, it is recommended that you exercise caution in deciding what to post on social media. If you wish to discuss information that might be sensitive in nature, then please call us at 1-877-336-9090 x 2725 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To protect your own privacy and that of others, Mississauga Halton PCN recommends that you not include personal information (as defined in section 2(1) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) or personal health information (as defined in section 4 of the Personal Health Information Protection Act) in your comments or in the content you post. Examples of such information include, but are not limited to, medical diagnosis or health insurance information.
- Mississauga Halton PCN will allow comments and other content from users to appear on or through its social media sites, tools or channels, including without limitation comments and content submitted or posted by any means and in any media unless Mississauga Halton PCN determines, in its sole discretion that the comments and content:
- provide information or opinions that are unrelated to Mississauga Halton PCN or the issue being discussed;
- provide any information that may identify a third party;
- pose a risk to your privacy, the privacy of others, and/or are not in accordance with Mississauga Halton PCN’s privacy standards and/or obligations;
- relate to a specific individual;
- discuss an ongoing investigation;
- make false or unsubstantiated allegations;
- are or may be aggressive, abusive, obscene, profane, hateful, harassing or threatening;
- may abuse or infringe any intellectual property right;
- are or may be defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- constitute spam;
- advertise or solicit business;
- breach or may breach any law, statute, regulation, order, code, standard or rule;
- are or may be unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Mississauga Halton PCN may restrict a user’s use of its social media sites, tools or channels if Mississauga Halton PCN determines in its sole discretion that the user is:
- impersonating another person;
- allowing any other person to use the user's identification for posting or viewing comments or content;
- breaching or may breach any law, statute, regulation, order, code, standard or rule;
- engaging, or may engage, in activity which is unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
Other Important Information
- Mississauga Halton PCN will share news, links, personal observations and information about health services in Ontario that Mississauga Halton PCN considers relevant to Mississauga Halton PCN’s mission.
- All comments posted are the opinion of the writer, not Mississauga Halton PCN.
- You agree not to upload viruses or other malicious code.
- Following, responding, retweeting, sharing, accepting a friend request or commenting on the part of Mississauga Halton PCN does not imply endorsement or establishment of a partnership between Mississauga Halton PCN and a specific user, company or organization.
- The submitter of comments and content is fully responsible for the comments and content posted; Mississauga Halton PCN is in no way responsible for such comments and content nor for any information, references, links, opinions, claims, or advice in such comments and content, nor to collect, review, use, update, edit, retain, return, dispose of, share, circulate, act on, consider, or respond to, any such comments and content.
- Mississauga Halton PCN in no way verifies or confirms the accuracy of user comments or any aspect of posted content. Mississauga Halton PCN does not review any references or links in any content and is not responsible for any content of any document referred to or site linked.
- Spelling and grammatical errors will not be corrected.
- Information posted to our social media channels may be considered official feedback and Mississauga Halton PCN may utilize this feedback to inform change and improvement.
- Certain Mississauga Halton PCN employees, volunteers or partners have accounts on various social media. Despite their professional affiliation with the Mississauga Halton PCN, their posts do not represent the official position of Mississauga Halton PCN. They are to be considered instead as the personal product of private citizens.
- Mississauga Halton PCN reserves the right to make additions and amendments to these terms, which will be posted publicly on Mississauga Halton PCN’s website.
- No remedy herein conferred upon or reserved in favour of Mississauga Halton PCN shall exclude any other remedy existing at law or in equity or by statute, but each shall be cumulative and in addition to every other remedy given hereunder or now or hereafter existing.
- By using any of Mississauga Halton PCN’s social media sites, tools or channels (including without limitation by posting any comment or content), each user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of Mississauga Halton PCN and Mississauga Halton PCN's employees, agents, officers and directors, from any liability, losses, damages, claims, demands or expenses, including without limitation professional and other fees and expenses, arising out of such user’s access to or use of any Mississauga Halton PCN social media site, tool or channel, any comments or content posted and/or any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Our overarching data and privacy statement can be found on the Privacy page.
- Mississauga Halton PCN’s social media accounts are not staffed by clinicians and Mississauga Halton PCN is not able to provide clinical information or advice over social media.
- You agree that in no event will Mississauga Halton PCN have any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever, whether based in contract, negligence, or other legal basis, including without limitation consequential, exemplary, indirect, special or incidental damages, arising from or in connection with your use of or access to any Mississauga Halton PCN social media site, tool or channel, even if Mississauga Halton PCN has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
Formal complaints and concerns about Mississauga Halton PCN should be sent to:
1.877.336.9090 x 2725
- If you have any issues and/or questions with respect to these Terms and Conditions or any rule, policy, guideline or practice which MHPCN uses to operate this website, please contact us via email at email@example.com and we will be happy to respond.